Review of the SEAP_Alps project
On 31 May 2015, the SEAP_Alps project will be finalized, and the partnership looks back to numerous fruitful results and good cooperation. The objective of the project was to promote energy planning at local level, boosting the capacity of project partners in supporting small and medium municipalities in the drafting of Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAPs).
The main actions were
- to draft and implement a new methodology for the SEAPs elaboration, which deals with mitigation and adaptation to climate change,
- to implement the above methodology in at least 35 Local Authorities of the Alpine Space region,
- to upgrade the skills of project partner in supporting local Authorities with training sessions and working groups and establish capacity building at local level with specific training sessions and online training platform,
- to define and implement Action Plans for Public Investments for local Authorities in line with requirements of the Directive 2012/27/EU.
Since climate change is one of the major challenges that Europe faces in this century, a special focus was on the definition of interventions aimed at mitigation as well as adaptation to climate change actions.
These were the premises from which the SEAP_ALPS project, developed in the framework of EU Alpine Space Programme, was started. The twelve partners, coming from eleven Alpine regions, had the opportunity to compare and capitalize different experiences.
More than 50 pilot municipalities joined the project and helped to reach the following results:
- About 50 Sustainable Energy Action Plans drafted,
- 10 Action Plans for Public Investments (refurbishment of public buildings) designed,
- More than 3.000 Municipalities reached with dissemination activities,
- About 2.000 participants to public events organized by the partners at local and international events,
- About 250 relevant actors/stakeholders actively involved in the project implementation,
- About 30 national and international conferences where the project participated with a presentation,
- Web-tools developed (Action Tool and Training platform).
On 23 March the Final Conference was held in Munich where project partners, mayors and representatives of municipalities gathered and presented the impressive outcome of the SEAP_Alps project. The results of the conference are published on the project website.